Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Punishment

What happens when we disobey our parents? More often than not, we will be reprimanded or cane by our parents. If I think back to how I was often being punished when I was little - it was because my parents love me and they want me to be good so that when I grow up, I can be a positive contributor to the society. They simply want the best for me. It is the same in he spiritual realm. God, whom we call our heavenly father, will also punish us if we make mistakes. As we see in these 2 verses: - Exodus 32:33 The Lord replied to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against me I will blot out of my book. - Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Like our earthly father, if we make mistake again, he will in no doubt punish us again and again till we learn our lesson. Our heavenly father will let us live the way we like on earth but when the day comes for judgement, he will separate the goats for the sheeps, and the goats will be wiped out. Our God is a God of grace and love. If we repent our sins, He who is faithful and just will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Let us not be complacent, but live a live that is pleasing to God and like Jesus least God will enforce PUNISHMENT on us.

No comments: