Monday, June 4, 2012

Worship

What is Christian worship? If I were to worship God, what would I do? For most people, it would be: Singing songs to God, Praying, Doing your quiet time, Talking to God, Lifting hands, Out-stretch arms. God showed me that worship means more than those listed above. Worship is showing the deepest admiration and affection to God. Have you ever been deeply loved by someone? When I look at my wife's love to me, I realized it is more than "words" or actions". It is the unspoken and undone but yet the heart is there to love. And today, I was touched by the Holy Spirit who shows me that worship begins with my heart. And this questions poured in: Do I love God? Let's not even go to how much is my love for Him. Love in the simplest form - Do I really love God? My answer is an astounding "no". Why do I say no when I am really doing what I am suppose to do at cell meetings, church, quiet time etc...? The Holy spirit shows me that, yes, while you are doing those things, but how about your heart condition? Are you habouring sins in your life? Have you forgiven that someone you hated? Have you stop gossiping? Have you loved? Have you tithe faithfully? Have you been distracted by lust of the eyes? Have you ever been faithful to Me? Have you spent fruitful time with me? Faithful = Obedience = Doing what is right. Though the list about worship seems endless. I summed up my thought about worship to simply: Keeping my body pure as an act of sacrifice to God, Living my life based on the fruit of the Spirit - to live like Jesus. And in order to be able to do that daily, we need to get right with God. Don't wrestle with God about having not enough time, having no energy, having no mood etc. We need God's energy to keep us going, to keep us WORSHIPPING.

No comments: